Your recycling is commingled; you can place all items together in your container, they do not need to be sorted. Place set your cart out by 6:30am on collection day and ensure that the wheels are pointing towards your house (away from the street). The cart should be approximately 1 foot from the curb and at least 3 feet from any other obstructions such as your refuse cart, mailbox, trees, poles, etc. Please do not use bungee cords to secure the lid. If you are unsure as to where your cart should be placed, try to take note of it's position after it has been serviced and place it in that same position each week.
Use the following guidelines as to what to place in your Recycling Cart
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Labels may remain on cans.
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Not accepted on recycling route. It may be brought to our recycling facility.
- Glass Jars and Bottles
- Please rinse. All colors of glass are accepted. Labels may remain on glass. Please note that Light bulbs, mirrors, windows, dishes, and drinking glasses are not acceptable for recycling. Please do not place broken glass in the cart
- Please rinse and remove lids. Labels may remain on containers. Acceptable items have the #1 through #7 in the recycling triangles marked on the container. Some examples of unacceptable plastics are:
- hard plastic, plastic toys, or caps/lids
- plastic bags
- garden hoses or plastic/rubber pipe
- vinyl siding
- Paper Products/Paperboard
- This includes newspaper, ad inserts, magazines, catalogs, mixed residential mail and paperboard. (Paperboard includes items such as cereal, snack and tissue boxes as well as paper grocery bags.)